"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" ~Albus Dumbledore

Friday 1 April 2011

First of April - introduction

B.E.D.A - Blog Every Day in April.

I have decided to try BEDA for the first time. This sort of thing, just like NaNoWriMo, has appealed to me for the last few years but I have never planned far enough ahead or been incredibly aware of it to be able to do anything about it.

So for the first of April, you, Blog, have not an April Fool, but a promise. As this is my first BEDA, I really want to do it well. However, this first one will be really short, as I only have half an hour before I have to leave for university. Instead, you have a hastily complied blog post of random ramblings because I have nothing to talk about as my day has only just begun.

It's Friday. For many, this is TGIF and this includes me. I do have university on a Friday but it's not that bad. I have a one hour seminar at 11 and a one hour lecture at 2. For the very observant among you, you may notice (or not, because I am running on English time and many of you are American) that I have to leave an hour and a half before I am due on campus. Why is this, you may ask? This is because I don't live on campus, I still live at home because my house is within a 30 mile radius of the university. While it does mean I don't have to worry about fending for myself, rent and searching for accomodation, it does mean that I live so far away from campus and my friends, which makes it annoying to travel and to go out. However, I have grown accustomed to it - mum still makes me a packed lunch, I don't have to pay rent and I don't get homesick, like a lot of my friends.

Anyway, this ends the first blog of BEDA. I wish everyone luck who is trying this year and I hope you can all do the same for me. See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your first BEDA! I'm participating for my second year and I'm psyched for the month!

    ReplyDelete