"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" ~Albus Dumbledore

Saturday 23 April 2011

Saturday the Twenty-third - Who!

The Saturday between Good Friday and Easter Sunday. This Saturday (so far) has been spent eating ice cream and complaining about hayfever. However, to nerds, it is not just another Saturday. IT IS THE RETURN OF DOCTOR WHO!!!!!!! Soooo ridiculous excited!

As I am pretty damn stubborn and inpatient, I have been looking for spoilers on the BBC website - I refuse to believe most forums as it is usually pure speculation. However, thanks to Radio Times's interview with Stephen Moffat, I now know that the first two episodes contain Nixon, The Silence, an astronaut and the world's creepiest little alien guy I have ever seen. I also know that the cliffhanger of the first half will explain who River Song is.

On the subject of River, I am a little split over her. I liked her when she first turned up - kind of. She both annoyed and intrigued me. And I am aware that many fans are fed up with her because it is being dragged on too long. I do kind of agree with that; the character that the Doctor himself didn't know or understand was mystifying but the storyline has been dragged on for far too long, and I fear, allowing speculation to ruin the mystery. That said, with the end in sight, I am looking forward to finding out the truth.

Well, my nose and throat are hurting me again so I am going to go get some more ice cream ... to sooth it of course. The fact that it is cooling me down from the current 27 degrees (C by the way) is a bonus. See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I'm beyond excited for Doctor Who as well! As I type there is only 20 minutes left to wait! :D

    I can't make my mind up about River; I don;t like that she knows more than the Doctor...it's wrong!

    ReplyDelete