"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" ~Albus Dumbledore

Sunday 29 May 2011

The Almost People

Yes, I am going to attempt some sort of review type thing for the last two episodes of Doctor Who, The Rebel Flesh and The Almost People. Warning: obviously, there will be spoilers so if you haven't watched either episode yet, don't carry on reading.

I suppose the most important thing - or rather the one thing that sticks out for me - is the duplicate Doctor. So, first, I honestly thought my dreams had been answered: two Doctors! Also, I loved the previous carnation- catch up thing that happened - I especially loved the jelly baby line, if only because one of my best friend says it all the time.

In general, I thought it was a really good double episode - it addressed the fear of humanity being replaced, the threat of war/revolution, Rory being a hero, the deviousness of Jen as flesh, and so much more. It was respectably scary and sad - especially the deaths of some of the crew.

Sexy and dependable - loved how the events of The Doctor's Wife had not been forgotten.

Pregnancy and Ganger Amy - oh my God, I did not see that coming! But it's finally being explained! I can't believe Amy hasn't even been around for so long! And the eye-patch lady? Wow, I would hate giving birth if she was my midwife! And is it possible that Amy is some sort of vessel or surrogate mother for another Time Lord? Is that what the eye-patch lady was talking about? Who knows? I just really hope they explain it next week and not afterwards - I don't think I can wait until autumn to find out the truth.

Oh, speaking of truth! River Song! You better make it good!

So, we'll have to wait until next week's A Good Man Goes To War to find out. No doubt I will blog about it too, so if I don't see you before then, have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment