"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" ~Albus Dumbledore

Friday 12 October 2012

King of Lions and Reaching Adulthood

Apologises for, once again, abandoning this blog to live life and breathe air and... hang on, have I stolen that from something?

Anyway, I wanted to do a write up last week because my family and I went to see The Lion King at Bristol Hippodrome - it was awesome! I'm sure most of the English-speaking world has seen that play but if not? Go see it! Right now! It is incredible! The puppets and the songs and the dances - oh wow. Seriously, I have so many great things to say about this show but do not have the time to list them all.

In other news, I have started my third and final year of university - scary or what? As it's only the third week, the work load isn't too bad, just a crap-load of reading and prep to do. Plus my dissertation. Eeeep! So, I'm sure you'll forgive me when I say that this blog is taking a back seat, even more than usual, for the foreseeable future.

And, finally, it is my 21st birthday next week. I'm really excited, even though I'm getting old. Last night, some of my uni friends took me out clubbing, admittedly for the first time, which was really fun. I got just a little drunk, also for the first time - I know, I've led such a sheltered life! - which Sophie in particular found hilarious, apparently. We went dancing, collapsed in bed around 2 with seriously aching feet, and I slept awful, considering how exhausted I was! I have a cold, you see. Mother thinks I 'caught a chill'. I, meanwhile, was not aware that I had been transported back to 1856 without my shawl.

Anyway, I am recovering from my "wild" night out by watching QI on iplayer and eating chocolate fingers in bed. I have a ton of reading to do for next week; even though it's my birthday I still have to work. How unfair is that!

Until next time!

1 comment: