"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" ~Albus Dumbledore

Sunday 30 December 2012

A Year To Review

2012 has been a pretty big year for me. It was the Diamond Jubilee, the Olympics, my 21st birthday, I started my book blog, I joined twitter and thus made a load of new online friends. I had two summer holidays, Pottermore came out and I started my third and final year of university.

So yeah, big year.

I'm not quite sure where to begin! My year started at my boyfriends and is actually going to end at my boyfriends, because I'm staying for another new year party after we watch The Hobbit on Monday. Anyway, I attended lectures, bitched about my tutors a little, felt rubbish for a while after realising I hadn't accomplished much, spent Valentines Day ill with a cold - how romantic - struggled through my two exams in May and finally finished second year. Oh and I wrote quite possibly my favourite blog post from one of the funniest classes I've ever had right here about ultimate classmates.

Over the summer, I watched loads of great new movies, like Ice Age 4 and Ted and Dark Shadows. The Olympic Torch went through my town the morning of my final exam! My family and I spent the day in London getting absolutely drenched to watch the Jubilee Pageant. At the end of July, the family packed up the car and drove down to the Dordogne for a week, which was really fun. Then a month later I went to Cornwall with my boyfriend and his family.

I remember I spent September buying all my new books for university and trying to get a head start on reading - that didn't work as well as planned! The final week of September I sneakily moved around my timetable so that I had classes with my friends. Then it was back to work - thrown right in the deep end with essays and reading and prep work. Not to mention my dissertation - eeep!

Then it was my 21st birthday. We went to see The Lion King, which was epic; went clubbing for the first time which was cool and a little scary; got proper drunk which was hilarious. And got a kindle!

I've also read some really cool books this year, which I summarised rather nicely on my book blog, if you're interested.

So that's where I stand now, about to start the new year worrying about how little work I've done over Christmas and how much I've got to do these next few months. How about you? Had a good year or can you not wait until 2013? Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment