"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" ~Albus Dumbledore

Monday 10 September 2012

Daleks and Dinosaurs

Oh, hey. This is awkward. So! I've been a bit busy. Not that anyone really pays much attention to me. I've been wanting to write about Brave, went to see that a few weeks ago - it was epic! Should also have written about the new series of Doctor Who... actually, I might do that now!

Asylum of the Daleks premièred last week - it was an amazingly fresh Dalek episode. I practically had enough of them after the Power Ranger Dalek episode last year. Know what I'm talking about? I shall find you a picture!

There, see? Wubbish! Anyway, what was I talking about? Oh yeah - I spent a lot of the episode confused as to whether Oswin was the new companion or not. Turns out she is! Spoiler alert, I think the Doctor's going to save her before she crashes. Not much of a spoiler, is it? That's how it's going to have to happen, because he sure as hell ain't travelling with a confused Dalek-girl! I did love her though. 'You guys could fence!'

It was a really good episode, funny and new and sweet and a little sad, but come on. The Doctor was going to fix Amy and Rory. Duh.

Onto Dinosaurs on a Spaceship. This had to be a great episode. I didn't want any messing around, not with Mark Williams and Rupert Graves guest-staring. And luckily, it was! Full of flirting and weird father/son moments and awesome Amy moments. Plus a pet dinosaur and an Egyptian queen! A great filler episode, just a random one-off adventure that we don't see very often anymore.

What else is new? I've read about 20 books this summer, been reviewing quite frequently, pretty proud of myself actually! Even got some books straight from the publisher! Oh yeah.

I'm not going back to university for another few weeks, so am getting pretty bored lately. I've started reading some books for uni - oh! Want to know what I'm studying this year? Of course you do. Right, four modules, entitled: In Search of America, Women's Writing, Gothic Revivals, and Literary London. First three focus on quite modern novels and poetry, so that's good. Literary London looks at 16th/17th century stuff that I can't always understand but I really like the teacher, so I'll manage.

I think I've bored you all enough for the time being. Sorry I'm losing focus on this blog, I'm really getting into my book-blogging and don't really have much to say on my personal one anymore. Or least, nothing that would be appropriate or entertaining. So, I'll just leave it with: until next time!



Holy crap this is my 100th post! I had to come back and edit this in, I hadn't noticed! Don't really know what to say, it's not like I need to write an acceptance speech. Bit of a crappy 100th post though, huh? Ah well. At least I've got this Indiana Jones hat my boyfriend just put on my head.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Long time no comment :P

    Totally agree with Dinosaurs on a Spaceship. So much fun!

    Oh and at least you are still blogging, I think I went away for about half a year because I had nothing to say :P

    ReplyDelete