"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" ~Albus Dumbledore

Monday 31 October 2011

Dreaming of the Doctor


I know I blogged yesterday but I feel I have to share this. And no, it's not about Halloween. I'm sure you are already aware of the date but I don't particularly care about Halloween. Don't get me wrong, it's a great holiday but being British, I see it as an American thing and generally can't be bothered with it. Especially when I have essays to write and journal articles to read.

Anyway, just a little mini post this morning, literally just to tell you the dream I had last night. Before you start, it wasn't anything scary or weird or dirty... in fact, as my dreams go, it was pretty normal.

eleventh-doctor-matt-smith-7In my dream, I met the Doctor. Following on from my previous point, for a dream, not that weird. I mean, I've had dreams where I've had to stop Harry Potter from running over a cat in my garage! And following on from yesterday's blog, dreaming about the Doctor? Way nerdy!

Anyway, it was a short dream. I saw the Doctor walking along the path on the other side of the road. I crossed the road and called his name, he turned around and I gave him a big hug. My arms around his neck, I said "Thank you Doctor. Thank you for all the times you've saved the universe, even when we didn't know it." All he did was tighten his arms around my waist and bury his head into my shoulder. "And you're not alone Doctor. You have all this friends, all over the world, all through the universe and you don't even realise!"

And that was it. I think he might have let me go at some point and said something like "No one's ever said that to me before", in a kind of cute and pathetic way that made me want to hug him again. Kind of boring from a neutral context but when I remembered it when I woke up, it put me in a really good mood.

God, I watch too much Doctor Who! But I love it and I love him and even though he's a fictional character and it was my dream, just telling him he is wonderful made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment